Short Term Therapy or Pre-Trial Therapy Sessions
Short Term counselling offers the opportunity to develop well-being strategies through reconnecting with and developing internal and external resources over the course of 8 sessions. This could minimise the impact of sexual violence on daily functioning and to help you alleviate symptoms of trauma such as flashbacks, nightmares, intrusive thoughts, anxieties or relationships difficulties. Pre-Trial therapy is similar, but tailored to women who are currently involved with the Criminal Justice System.
This program is available face to face or online. It is suitable for women who:
- would like to improve their well-being and daily functioning after experiencing sexual violence but don’t feel ready to explore in depth their own experiences
- are able to commit to eight weekly sessions
- are not sure if longer term counselling is the right service for them
- are not able to commit to longer term counselling at present
- are thinking of making, or are currently engaged in, a report of sexual violence to the police
Our online sessions are suitable for women who:
- can access the internet via a device with a camera and microphone
- can be in a private space, undisturbed, for the duration of a weekly session
Important notice before referring
If you are considering referring yourself, or signposting a client to the service please ensure to read our referral guidance here: SARSVL Counselling Service- Guidance for referrers
Due to limited resources and the large number of women wanting to refer to our service, we can only take a limited number of self-referrals per month. When we are open to referrals we can accept completed referral forms via email, post, in person or over the telephone.