Short Term / Pre-Trial Sessions
This brief counselling provides eight weekly sessions. Short Term counselling offers the opportunity to develop well-being strategies through reconnecting with and developing internal and external resources. This could minimise the impact of sexual violence on daily functioning and to help you alleviate symptoms of trauma such as flashbacks, nightmares, intrusive thoughts, anxieties or relationships difficulties. Pre-Trial therapy is similar, but tailored to women who are currently involved with the Criminal Justice System.
‘I have found silence really enjoyable for the first time in a long time’.
This program is suitable for women who:
- would like to improve their well-being and daily functioning after experiencing sexual violence but don’t feel ready to explore in depth their own experiences
- are able to commit to eight weekly sessions
- are not sure if longer term counselling is the right service for them
- are not able to commit to the longer term counselling at present
- are involved with a report in the Criminal Justice System
To self-refer into the Counselling service, please download and complete this Counselling Self-Referral Form. You can email the form to us on email@example.com or post it to PO Box 827, Leeds, LS1 9PN.
To refer a woman you are working with into the Counselling service, please download and complete this Counselling External Referral Form. You can email the form to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to PO Box 827, Leeds, LS1 9PN.
For more information please contact email@example.com