Short Term Therapy or Pre-Trial Therapy Sessions
Short Term counselling offers the opportunity to develop well-being strategies through reconnecting with and developing internal and external resources over the course of 8 sessions. This could minimise the impact of sexual violence on daily functioning and to help you alleviate symptoms of trauma such as flashbacks, nightmares, intrusive thoughts, anxieties or relationships difficulties. Pre-Trial therapy is similar, but tailored to women who are currently involved with the Criminal Justice System.
We are currently delivering these counselling sessions online.
This program is suitable for women who:
- can access the internet via a device with a camera and microphone
- can be in a private space, undisturbed, for the duration of a weekly session
- would like to improve their well-being and daily functioning after experiencing sexual violence but don’t feel ready to explore in depth their own experiences
- are able to commit to eight weekly sessions
- are not sure if longer term counselling is the right service for them
- are not able to commit to longer term counselling at present
- are thinking of making, or are currently engaged in, a report of sexual violence to the police
This strand of counselling is currently accepting self-referrals only, from women who would like to access short-term therapy or pre-trial therapy online.
To self-refer, please download a referral form here, and send the completed form to email@example.com.
If you would struggle to download or complete and send back a referral form or for any further information, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 0113 243 0192.