Twenty sessions of weekly counselling offers a space to explore your feelings and thoughts about what happened to you over a longer period of time. It provides an opportunity for in-depth exploration and processing of traumatic experiences, as well as creating coping mechanisms to manage their impact.
This program is available face to face or online. It is suitable for women who:
- are able to commit to weekly counselling sessions for a longer period of time
- would like to have time to explore their feelings and thoughts
- would like to explore what has happened in a safe and supportive environment
- would like to talk in more depth and feel ready to process the memories of the abuse
Our online sessions are suitable for women who:
- can access the internet via a device with a camera and microphone
- can be in a private space, undisturbed, for the duration of a weekly session
Important notice before referring
If you are considering referring yourself, or signposting a client to the service please ensure to read our referral guidance here: SARSVL Counselling Service- Guidance for referrers
Due to limited resources and the large number of women wanting to refer to our service, we can only take a limited number of self-referrals per month. When we are open to referrals we can accept completed referral forms via email, post, in person or over the telephone.