SARSVL Service Delivery Volunteers deliver our Helpline and Counselling servicers and help administer the day to day running of the services at our Centre in Leeds.
Helpline Volunteers answer calls and help administer the day to day running of the helpline. The main activity is answering calls, e-mails, text messages and conducting face to face support for women who have suffered any form of sexual abuse. All our helpline volunteers undertake a comprehensive in house training programme covering listening skills and knowledge around aspects of sexual violence. We only accept applications to volunteer when we are planning to run a training course. To find out when this is happening next, check our website or sign up to our newsletter or follow us on social media.
SARSVL’s Counselling Service offers specialist therapeutic work to women who have experienced sexual violence at any point in their lives. SARSVL’s Counselling Service welcomes to all kinds of women including: LGBTQIA, BME, non-binary, women with disabilities, refugee and asylum seeking women.
We have vacancies for experienced and qualified practitioners who could offer individual counselling to this client group. Successful applicants have a unique professional opportunity to influence the development of a Counselling Service, alongside their caseload.
- To see 3 clients weekly at our Leeds city centre premises for a minimum of 18 months.
- Internal line management (once monthly, on Thursday afternoons) and continuing professional development (CPD) hours provided – this includes specialist training and support at no cost to Volunteers,
- Supervision is external and paid for by SARSVL, with an approved Supervisor.
- To have completed a 2-year Diploma – any theoretical model welcome and you must be practiced in working with the impact of trauma,
- Minimum 40 hrs personal therapy,
- Minimum 200 hours supervised face-to-face client work,
- Counsellors with a second language relevant to Leeds are especially welcome.
Under the Equality Act 2010 (Schedule 9, part 1), this volunteering opportunity is open to women only.
To apply, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
We’re particularly keen to receive applications from Black and Minority Ethnic women, disabled women and older women because we actively aim to reach and represent all of the women of Leeds.
If you can’t make selection/training dates for our next training programmes – you can also keep a look out on this website for future dates of selection and training, follow us on twitter (@sarsvl) or like us on Facebook (just search for Support After Rape & Sexual Violence Leeds), or sign up to our mailing list here.