SARSVL’s Peer Support Group have come together to let you know their tips and tricks for surviving the festive season. Whether you or a friend or relative struggles this time of year, we hope that these small steps will help survivors to enjoy this time of year where they might not have been able to before.
- Start your own traditions if you’re excluded from your family’s plans.
- Create a new “normal”.
- Remember, you deserve a Christmas, or a special time.
- Surround yourself with supportive friends.
- Take time out for yourself if you need it.
- Do something for someone else.
- Think of ways of turning your weakness into a strength.
Our Helpline is open throughout December and January as usual. If you want someone to talk to, you can call us on 0808 802 3344, text 07860022880, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can see our full opening hours here.