We are currently recruiting for Helpline Volunteers, and would love for you to join us. Our Helpline volunteers make a real difference to the lives of women and girls, as well as being part of the wider SARSVL community.
The SARSVL Helpline is made up of volunteers who provide free, anonymous and confidential, non-judgemental, listening and emotional support to all women and girls of any age affected by sexual violence of any kind, and at any time. Volunteers are a central and important part of SARSVL and our most far-reaching service, the Helpline.
If you are a woman who is aged 18+ who would like to volunteer for our Helpline, here is what to do.
1. To find out more about Helpline Volunteering role and how to apply, download and read our Helpline Volunteer Application Pack first.
2. To apply complete the Helpline Volunteer Application Form and send it to us by midnight on 19th March. You can download the Helpline Volunteer Application form here (PDF) or a Word document version of the Helpline Volunteer Application Form.
3. Please also download, complete and return our Equality and Diversity Questionnaire by midnight on 19th March.
4. All applicants will be contacted by 23rd of March, either by email or phone. Depending on the suitability for the role, applicants will be invited to a Selection Evening (26/03/2019) or be advised to re-apply at a later date.
5. Following the Selection Evening, applicants will be informed over the phone or email whether they been offered a place on the Helpline Volunteer Training (please see the Application Pack for the Training dates).
Please note that the applications deadline is at midnight on 19th March, and we are unable to accept applications after this date.
SARSVL aims to reflect the community we serve and therefore we especially welcome applications from women from underrepresented communities.
For more information about our Helpline Volunteers you can visit our webpage here.