Our supporters are amazing! They help keep SARSVL running and raise funds that allow us to provide a vital service to women and girls in Leeds. But we know it can sometimes be hard to know where to start when it comes to helping out a charity in need.
With this in mind, we’ve put together this handy list of 25 ways you can help us, so please have a look through and see if there is anything that you would like to get involved with…
1) Run/Cycle/Walk for us! Whether it is running a 10k or a marathon, taking on a cycling challenge or walking for miles and miles (and miles), whatever your challenge of choice why not raise money for SARSVL? Email us at email@example.com for a fundraising pack today!
2) Have a bake sale! At your work/school/community centre, get baking (or run to the supermarket – we won’t tell!) and sell your baked treats for a donation to SARSVL.
3) Make a text donation! It’s now even easier to donate to SARSVL. Simply text TALK81 £3 (or any amount) to 70070 to donate directly to SARSVL’s £2016 in 2016 campaign!
4) Buddy with us on social media! Follow us on twitter @SARSVL and follow us on Facebook facebook.com/SARSVL – be sure to like, share and retweet us and help us spread the word!
5) Volunteer for us! SARSVL is a volunteer led organisation and we always need committed women volunteers to help with our governance, business planning, marketing/communications and community fundraising. Find out more here: http://supportafterrapeleeds.org.uk/volunteer/volunteering-opportunities/
6) Donate online! Have you seen our fundraising campaign? SARSVL are looking to raise £2016 in 2016 to keep our vital service running all year round. Why not make a donation here: http://campaign.justgiving.com/charity/sarsvl/sarsvl2016
7) Become our Friend! Friends of SARSVL are key to keeping us running! Have a look at our website to find out more http://supportafterrapeleeds.org.uk/friends-of-sarsvl/
8) Become a sticker ninja! We aim to sticker every door of every public female toilet in Leeds! Stealthily criss-crossing Leeds, SARSVL Sticker Ninjas are very polite and always ask permission of ’the management’ first. Find out more here: http://supportafterrapeleeds.org.uk/join-in-with-sarsvl-sticker-ninjas/
9) Tell your friends, and your friend’s friends! Talk about us, tweet about us, tell your friends, family and colleagues – spreading awareness of our services is so important and such an easy way to support SARSVL.
10) Donate your time in our office! Brilliantly organised? Got a spare hour or two? Want to do something amazing? We are a very busy office and always welcome volunteers who can help with office admin or distributing publicity materials – just get in touch!
11) Make a monthly donation! Monthly donations are a fantastic way of showing year round support for SARSVL. It’s easy to set up too! Just go to https://www.justgiving.com/sarsvl/ and select make a monthly donation at the top right of the page and follow the on-screen instructions.
12) Know a company who could make SARSVL Charity of the Year? If you know a company who would like to make SARSVL charity of the year, please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org – we are always keen to partner with likeminded local businesses.
13) Sign up to our newsletter! It’s the best way to keep up with what’s happening at SARSVL and could provide inspiration for new ways to support us. Sign up here: http://supportafterrapeleeds.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=4a9b90c54423e2ce85751d881&id=ffcf18cf4d
14) Take a fundraising tin or two! Could you take a fundraising tin and collect at your workplace or perhaps you know a local business who would be willing to put a SARSVL tin on our counter? Every penny counts so please email us at email@example.com
15) Got a skill to share? Have you got a skill or trade that you can share? Perhaps you are a solicitor able to give some free legal advice if needed? Or perhaps brilliant with technology and can share your knowledge when required. Please get in touch!
16) Write a cheque! Don’t want to donate online? No problem! You can send cheques made payable to Support After Rape and Sexual Violence Leeds (SARSVL) to PO Box 827, Leeds LS1 9PN
17) Support us at your gig/local event! Running an event in Leeds? Why not raise funds for SARSVL at your event? We can provide fundraising materials and in some cases even provide a speaker or stall. Email us and let us know all about your event!
18) Remember SARSVL in your will! We know it’s not something often thought about, but when it comes to writing yours why not consider a donation to SARSVL? Check out the Gov website as a starting point: https://www.gov.uk/make-will
19) Payroll giving – if your employer has a payroll giving scheme be sure to sign up and get donating to SARSVL. If they don’t why not suggest it? You can find out more about payroll giving here: http://www.charitiestrust.org.uk/our-services-for-employers/payroll-giving
20) Take on a challenge of a lifetime! Check out https://www.charitychallenge.com/index.html and be inspired! There are some amazing challenges and you can raise money for your charity of choice – do something incredible and memorable for SARSVL.
21) Run a small SARSVL raffle – at your school, workplace or your club/society. Why not sell raffle tickets and contact local businesses to see what products or vouchers they are able to donate! Email us for more information!
22) Support SARSVL as you shop – Sign up to Give as You Live and every time you shop online at one of over 4000 retailers you can make a free donation to SARSVL. Visit https://www.giveasyoulive.com to find out more.
23) Double your donation with employer support! If you are fundraising for SARSVL by taking on a charity challenge, why not see if your employer will match your sponsorship raised? It’s an easy way to boost your fundraising and reach your target!
24) Support SARSVL with stamps! – SARSVL can make money from used stamps, so why not get collecting at home and work. Find out more about being a SARSVL stamp superstar here: http://supportafterrapeleeds.org.uk/stamp-collecting-for-sarsvl-we-need-your-used-stamps/
25) Something brilliant we haven’t thought of…
The opportunities are limitless and we can provide guidance, fundraising tips and promotional materials. If you have any questions about any of the above please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
But most of all, THANK YOU – we truly could not do what we do without amazing supporters like you!